The Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde has officially sworn in the new commissioners and Secretary to the State Government of the State, today.
Prof Kudirat Adeyemo and the former Acting Head of Service, Olubunmi Oni mni, will now assume the position of Secretary to the State Government (SSG) and the position of Head of Service (HoS) respectively. The Governor also administered the oath of office to 13 newly promoted Permanent Secretaries and the newly appointed Accountant General of Oyo State, Mrs. Kikelomo Adegoke.
During the ceremony at the Governor’s Office in Ibadan, the Governor expressed his confidence in the new appointees, stating that their professional experiences would contribute to effective governance. He emphasized that this was the first time the state had a state cabinet that represented all 14 federal constituencies.
The Governor urged the new cabinet members to view their appointments as a call to service and prioritize the common good of the state above personal interests. He highlighted the achievements of his first term and the support of his previous executive council in realizing his development agenda, and he encouraged both returning and new Commissioners to continue their efforts as there was still much work to be done.
The Governor assured the new cabinet members that he would continue to provide opportunities for personal growth while working towards the overall development of the state.
The names and portfolios of the commissioners were announced as follows:
1. MR AKINOLA OJO – MINISTRY OF FINANCE
2. PROF TUNJI BABATUNDE – MINISTRY OF BUDGET AND ECONOMIC PLANNING
3. BARR. SEUN ASHAMU – MINISTRY OF ENERGY AND MINERAL RESOURCES
4. MR BIODUN AIKOMO – MINISTRY OF JUSTICE
5. MRS TOYIN BALOGUN – MINISTRY OF WOMEN AFFAIRS AND SOCIAL INCLUSION
6. MR ABDULMOJEED MOGBONJUBOLA –
MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT
7. MR WILLIAMS AKIN-FUNMILAYO –
MINISTRY OF LANDS, HOUSING, AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
8. MR WASIU OLATUNBOSUN – MINISTRY OF CULTURE AND TOURISM
9. PRINCE DOTUN OYELADE – MINISTRY OF INFORMATION
10. MR SEGUN OLAYIWOLA – MINISTRY OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND CHIEFTAINCY
11. ALHAJA FAUSAT JOKE SANNI – MINISTRY OF SPECIAL DUTIES
12. PROF DAUD KEHINDE SHANGODOYIN –
MINISTRY OF PUBLIC WORKS AND
13. BARR. OLASUNKANMI OLALEYE –
MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
14. MR DEMOLA OJO – MINISTRY OF TRADE, INVESTMENT, INDUSTRY AND COOPERATIVES
15. PROF. ABDULWAHEED SOLIU – MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
16. MR ADENIYI ADEBISI – MINISTRY OF ESTABLISHMENT AND TRAINING