......It was agreed at that inaugural meeting that there was an urgent need to unite in order to save our dear state from economic collapse occasioned by insecurity, excessive borrowing, and poor vision of the Oyo State government.
Ladoja's ZLP Merges With Oyo APC
The Zenith Labour Party (ZLP) in Oyo State has announced that the political party is collapsing the party structure in the state to the All Progressive Congress (APC) to form a formidable party ahead of 2023 General election.
This announcement was made at the stakeholders meeting of ZLP on Tuesday afternoon at the state party Secretariat in Samonda.
The communique read below:
1. The entire existing structure of the ZLP and Ladoja Political Group in Oyo State immediately dissolve into the APC.
2. All members of ZLP and Ladoja Political Group are hereby directed to partake in the ongoing membership registration exercise of the APC throughout the 351 Wards of the 33 local governments of Oyo State.
3. All ZLP members and Ladoja Political Group joining the APC have been assured that they will enjoy the same rights, privileges and benefits accruing to existing APC members.
4. Directs all ZLP members and Ladoja Political Group to henceforth terminate all Ward, Local Government, or Exco meetings and immediately start attending APC meetings at their respective Wards and Local Governments.
5. The attention of all members is directed to the decision of the National Executive Committee of the APC which granted waivers to all new members or those desirous of joining APC.
6. By the said APC NEC resolution of 8th December 2020 all members whether new or existing shall immediately be entitled and qualified to contest for the party and elective positions within APC without the need for a qualification period.
7. The meeting passed a vote of confidence in our referred leader High Chief Senator Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja and other leaders and the executive steering the affairs of the ZLP, Ladoja Political Group and Ladoja loyalists.
8. Henceforth, the APC and ZLP media teams should adopt a common criticism agenda.
Signed For and on behalf of ZLP and Ladoja Political Group.
1. Elder Kola Olaniyan
2. Hon. Bimbo Adepoju
3. Barrister Sarafadeen Abiodun Alli
4. Mr. Waheed Akanbi (WAF),
5. Rt. Hon. Adeolu Adeleke
6. Engr. Kazeem Kolawole Raji (K K)
7. Engr. A I M Olaniyan
8. Mrs Monisola Tegbe
9. Mrs Serifat Tanimowo.
10. Hon. Kola Olabiyi.
11. Alhaji Wahab Oyelade.